Saturday, July 23, 2011

Refined Organic Tablesetting

Okay, so I'm going to be telling my age here, but when I first started feathering my nest, the hot decorating colors were mauve and wedgewood blue (makes me a bit nauseous to think about now). Country was all the rage, and I do mean country: I'm talking light oak, tons of dotted cotton ruffles, and geese.

Thankfully, we have so many more options when it comes to decorating these days. Lines are blurred between styles, so much so that they have morphed into rustic modern, refined organic, and more unexpected labels. It's quite freeing, actually. We can incorporate so many favorites into one room by tying in a single element using color, texture, or style.

Here's a great example of this fusion of styles.


The Ikat tablecloth is organic and fun, and the colors are trendy, yet understated. The flatware is classic; its clean lines blend with any style, and the damask stamp adds a special flair. The dinnerware echoes the tranquil look of smooth riverstones. The styling reminds me of what I call "grandma dishes," but with an organic edge. Can you see the delicate braided relief around the dinner plate edge? And what about the medallion stamp on the salad plate? Each of these little details add boutique style to everyday durability. I love the little bowl -- the tulip shape makes it so special. And the glass goblet brightens up the table.

For those of you who are interested, these are the brand new Willow House products (available beginning August 2011) featured in this post:
  • Adelaide Flatware
  • Riverstone Collection Dinnerware
  • Salud Glass Goblets
Each of these products can be purchased through my design workshops, as well as through my online store. (Contact me for details on getting these products FREE when you host a design workshop or virtual party -- August 2011 hosts can get up to 50% of their total party sales in free products!).

{I love that some of the new Willow House Jewelry by Sara Blaine gives a nod to the details of our latest tableware... it's all Simply Good Design!}



© Suzanne Jackson 2011.
{I'd love for you to share this post with friends, but please share the full link. Common courtesy dictates that you do not copy the post into your own blog without proper attribution. Thanks!}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...