Sunday, November 20, 2011

Introducing... Jules @ Just Jules

One of the neat things about the internet is that it seems to have shrunk the world. I've enjoyed getting to know women from around the country through their blogs, and I'll like to introduce a few of them to you over the next few weeks. I've only met one of these ladies in person, but these are all women who have inspired me in one way or another. I hope you'll enjoy getting to know them. Be sure to stop by their blogs, too!




Jules LaPierre (well, Julie, but just call her Jules) is a self-described sassy Christian blogger with foodie tendencies. A former cemetery and funeral director trained in graphic design (go figure!), she is married to a professional artist and homeschools their nine-year-old son in Shawnee Mission, Kansas. Her blog, Just Jules, is designed to “challenge Christian women to think biblically and live obediently”. And to cook well, I might add.



Please share your job description in 25 words or less.   
Headmistress at The Impossibly Irregular Academy for Hopelessly
Unsocialized Children
What is the most challenging part of your job?
Remembering that education, like life, is a marathon and not a sprint.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?  
Being mommy as well as teacher, for all mothers are also teachers.
What is your favorite room in your home? (and please tell us why) 
The kitchen. I have strong
foodie tendencies.  Cooking is a joy and a catharsis for me.  I take great pleasure in cooking a meal that makes my family & friends roll their eyes...in a good way :)
Please share a favorite recipe you’ve cooked or DIY project you’ve done.
One family favorite, that is requested more than any other, are my Sweet Sausage Grinders.  These are wonderful when you're feeding a crowd and are a game-day favorite.  Flavor, flavor, flavor! 


When you are unmotivated, what keeps you going?

Prayer and coffee and remembering that tomorrow is a new day with new grace.  Psalm 30:5 is true.  "Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning."

What sage advice would you give a young woman today who would like to marry?

Invest more in the marriage than you do in the wedding -and- if you can laugh together you can make it through anything.


What were you doing thirty minutes before you answered these interview questions?

Picking up an order of grass-fed beef from a Kansas family farmer.

What’s your favorite Starbucks drink?
When I really want to indulge and spoil myself, I order a mocha breve because I need the calories (chuckle).




© Suzanne Jackson 2011.
{I'd love for you to share this post with friends, but please share the full link. Common courtesy dictates that you do not copy the post into your own blog without proper attribution. Thanks!}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...