Saturday, December 31, 2011

Getting it done!

Well, I did it. For the first time in over a week, I made a to do list today. And I even crossed some things off of it. And that's on top of a full day of laundry and cooking homemade TexMex. I feel complete.

One of the things I accomplished was to clean out my freezer. It's been one of those tasks that niggles in the back of my mind, fairly shouting at me when I make my almost daily trip out to the garage to retrieve something. Most of the time it's been out of sight, out of mind. This day, however, it made it to my to do list, and got done. (Muchas gracias to my daughter for helping me by holding the trash bag and counting chicken. Such special bonding time.) 

When we moved to our present location, I cleaned out oversaw the cleaning out of two refrigerators by above-mentioned daughter. One fridge was coming with us to be stored, the other was staying behind. No time to clean out the poor freezer; I just locked her door and hoped for the best.  Did you know that Hot Pockets could probably survive twenty years (and maybe a nuclear explosion) when frozen without changing their appearance, taste, or chemical makeup one iota? But they went in the trash nonetheless. Apparently, they were not all my son hoped they would be.

I didn't label anything in the freezer, but I did group things (you'll see two tubs of chicken breasts: one with bone, one without -- chicken has been on sale a lot at Kroger lately). And I have plenty of flour. Guess that holiday baking plan didn't work out quite like I hoped. Again. Back to the chicken... I did also put the oldest to the front to get used up sooner. And I excavated a ham bone from last Christmas. Good grief.

OrganizedHome.com
Thankfully, I remembered a resource I had used two houses ago to help me keep up with what's in the freezer. OrganizedHome.com has an awesome, very user-friendly Freezer Inventory form. You just list what you have, then draw a slash in the boxes next to the blank to show the quantity on hand for that item. When you use remove an, you just draw a slash the other direction (making an X). Genius!

Oh, after tackling the freezer and a few other things, I made these:


Oh so good. More on that later...

Happy New Year!




I linked this on:


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating







© Suzanne Jackson 2011.
{I'd love for you to share this post with friends, but please share the full link. Common courtesy dictates that you do not copy the post into your own blog without proper attribution. Thanks!}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...