Monday, October 24, 2011

Introducing... Becky @ Organizing Made Fun

One of the neat things about the internet is that it seems to have shrunk the world. I've enjoyed getting to know women from around the country through their blogs, and I'll like to introduce a few of them to you over the next few weeks. I've only met one of these ladies in person, but these are all women who have inspired me in one way or another. I hope you'll enjoy getting to know them. Be sure to stop by their blogs, too!

Becky lives in Southern California and loves to organize and decorate (and often combines the two), as well as gardening and playing the piano. She describes herself as “a wife, Mommy, and child of God.” On her blog, Organizing Made Fun, Becky shares some of her favorite organizing secrets, ways to save money, and projects she does around the house (in a modern twist on the Proverbs 31 woman).



Please share your job description in 25 words or less.   
I am a stay at home mom, piano teacher, and part-time blogger!
What is the most challenging part of your job?
Keeping my focus, I get distracted easily! I am a big advocate of schedules and in order to have time to do everything, I MUST have a detailed schedule. As a blogger, I can spend 3-4 hours on one post, sometimes more time –  taking photos, editing photos, writing out content, editing content, etc. so I have little bits of time here and there carved out to work on blog stuff. As a piano teacher, I have to have had to make “business” hours and stick to only those – if someone can’t work with the days/hours I teach, I’m not the piano teacher for them! As a mom, it’s important to me to make sure when my kids are home from school, that I’m completely focused on them. So, I make sure that blogging and piano teaching don’t divert from that.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?  
As a SAHM, my children! They are amazing! As a piano teacher, I love my students and they really are learning something and enjoying it! I hope to encourage them, be patient and kind, but also firm if there is something better that they can do. As a blogger, it is my goal to motivate and inspire other Moms/Ladies to get their homes and families organized and scheduled to free up their time and tie them down!
What is your favorite room in your home? (and please tell us why) 
Our family room. It’s blue and calm and delightful. We all hang out in there. It’s beach-y feeling and just a warm place with all our family photos. We have the kids' computer, the game table, and our TV in there. So we all are in there most of the time.

Please share a favorite recipe you’ve cooked or DIY project you’ve done (you can briefly describe, then link back to your blog/website – and I’d love a picture if you have one).
My recent project for my daughter’s room was fun! It was a set of nightstands for beside her bed.

When you are unmotivated, what keeps you going?

Honestly, I have to stop and do something that I enjoy for a few moments. There are days I schedule in “projects” and I would rather not do anything all day! So, I have to get myself motivated by starting small.

What sage advice would you give a young woman today who would like to marry?

Oh, my! Be teachable. I see so many young Moms and young ladies who feel they know it all. I was that way. Be willing to let old women share their lives with you – disciple you and encourage you to holiness and godliness. Learn to serve. You will be doing a lot of that once you married, but you need to do so for the glory of God. Not for what you get!

What were you doing thirty minutes before you answered these interview questions?

Working on my blog updating stuff!


What’s your favorite Starbucks drink?

I hate to disappoint, but I don’t drink coffee or ever go to Starbucks!


© Suzanne Jackson 2011.
{I'd love for you to share this post with friends, but please share the full link. Common courtesy dictates that you do not copy the post into your own blog without proper attribution. Thanks!}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...